CFO Job Description – Chief Financial Officer
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to senior executive leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO, COO and Executive Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors and investors.
- Recruit, interview and hire finance, accounting and payroll staff as required.
- Serve as a key member of executive leadership team and round table discussion panel.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Interact with and bring department into line with Board of Directors’ plans, initiatives and recommendations.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Participate in weekly conference calls with Lenders, Vendors and Executive Leadership Team.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for federal funders, foundations, investors and company’s board of directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Ensure SOX compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Hire, develop and manage accounting directors, managers and staff
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals with Chief Accounting Officer and Regional Controllers.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
- salary :
7,00,000 - 15,01,000 P.A
- Industry : Healthcare/Medical
- SubIndustry : Pharma
- Functional Area :Financial and Investment Manager
S.R. Recruiters is counted amongst the leading names in the placement industry.
S.R. Recruiters is a MSME certified recruitment agency located at Chandigarh (Punjab, India) having Pan India operation and was incorporated in the year 2017